Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year

Current Number: 235

I've spent the last week or so reflecting on 2012, as I'm sure a lot of you have done.   A large portion of the reflecting has been based on my weight/weight loss, as much of 2012 was spent.  When I say this, it might seem like I'm dreading it, or thinking about all that I still have to lose.  I'm proud to say that I have actually been quite positive in my thinking.  I've lost 40 pounds in 2012!  That's amazing!  I think back to how many lapses I've had...even a month or so at a time, and I still lost 40 pounds!  That makes me feel so empowered to do EVEN BETTER in 2013.  I don't know if anyone else does this, but I often find myself calculating just how long it will take me to lose the weight I need to lose to get to my goal weight.  This is the first year I can realistically find myself at my goal weight in 365 days.  That, my friends, is amazing!  Speaking of goal weight, I have a few different goal weights.  My overall goal weight is 130 pounds.  Being overweight pretty much all of my life, I don't know how realistic this is.  Maybe I'll get to 150 and be happy with how I look.  Maybe I'll notice I can go much lower than 130.  Another goal weight is 140 pounds.  This is the weight I need to be (approximately) to be within a healthy BMI.

And last, but not least, are 2 goal "areas".  The first is to be able to comfortably fit into any size 18 jean.  Some of you might already know why I say this.  Size 18 is often the largest size that stores will carry.  I used to buy a lot of jeans at American Eagle, but they're not a plus size store, so I'm not able to shop there anymore.  And the last goal area is to fit into a size 12-15 comfortably.  The point of this goal is to be able to buy clothes in most stores as a lot of stores that aren't plus size that DO offer sizes up to 18 often require that you go online to buy the bigger sizes.  This time of year in 2012 has found me resting somewhere between a size 18 and 22 jean.  The highest I ever had, this time last year, was a size 28.

So a lot of this might have been a little boring to read (sorry!), but what I've been discussing brings me to another point of my reflecting.  I've noticed 1 major thing in particular that has changed with my weight loss this year, and I couldn't think of many others, although I'm sure there are a lot!  I wanted to document what has become easier for me in everyday life, and what I'm excited for becoming easier.  So, here it goes!

Things that became easier in 2012:
I'll never have to ask for a seatbelt extender on an airplane again!  (This was a big one!)
I can walk further/easier than before (with the exception of the Myasthenia Gravis on occasion).
Giving up all bread before meals. (Since somewhere around October 2012!)
Giving up coffee. (Since January 2012!)
Giving up pop. (Since January 2012!)


Things that I'm looking forward to in 2013 and beyond:
Finding MY exercise (I still haven't found anything that is perfect for me).
Perhaps running someday.
Seeing my muscles develop again!
Buying clothes in a store that doesn't cater to the plus size crowd.
Finding another area to give up (such as bread, coffee or pop).  Please comment with suggestions if you have them!  :)


So this has been somewhat of a rambling, but I've been off and on planes and in 3 different time zones in the last 24 hours, so please forgive me.  :)

Much Love!

1 comment:

  1. Rather than give something up, why not say I will eat a green veggie (or something of the like) every day. It's a positive goal, and something that you can easily keep track of.

    Also, way to go! Losing 40 pounds is incredible. Have you tried deep water running? That is one of my go to exercises - running in a pool with a flotation belt. I love it, and it keeps you toned both upper and lower body with the resistance that the water offers without being hard on the joints since it's non-impact.

    LFS,
    Meli

    ReplyDelete