Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Try To Keep My Head Up, But It's So Heavy

So today is Sunday.  Sunday is weigh-in day.  Usually, when I remember this, I jump out of bed, excited to see what results the past week has brought me.  Today = no exception.  I woke up about 30 minutes ago and was about ready to roll back over and try to go back to sleep when I remembered...Sunday...weigh-in day!  So I excitedly went to the scale and weighed myself, twice, as I always do, for accuracy.  My new number? 


253.5 lbs. 


Waa, waa.... :(  I about cried.  I'm trying to tell myself that maybe I gained muscle, but I don't know enough about exercise and how it changes my body to know if that's really true.  This is the first week in SO long that I have exercised at all, and I exercised four days. 
1) Zumba
2) Day 1 of C25K (mix of walk/jog)
3) Failed Day 2 of C25K resulted in a 5 minute walk and 15 minutes biking
4) Zumba


I didn't lift weights...I know I gain muscle in other ways, and I DID just have that surgery, but still.  :(  Anyway, now comes the sad part of recalculating my pretty stones.  I think with the 0.4 and 0.7 I gained between the last 2 weeks, I'm going to have to put a stone back in the "pounds to lose" jar.  I just want to make sure it's all correct, so I'm going to double count for sure.


So what to do now?  Well, I was intent on doing my first actual Zumba workout today since I've finally finished the DVD showing me how to do the moves.  Honestly, though, I don't really want to.  Will I have time to workout later this week?  Who knows...it's going to be a crazy one with going back to school.  Anyway, I have had my rant/rave/cryfest on here now, so it's off to another (hopefully weight-loss filled) week.  




Things to keep my thoughts on to lift my spirits:
1)  I got my (first!) BEAUTIFUL and MEANINGFUL tattoo yesterday!  
2)  It barely hurt at all while it was being done, and there was literally NO bleeding...I don't even think it was red ever!  
3)  Bob and I had a great time at the Symphony last night and jointly agreed to get series tickets again next season.

4)  I get to go back to school tomorrow!  I have so much work to get caught up on, and I can't wait to be in that organized state of mind and have control over all of the projects/testing/deadlines I have in the near future!  AND to see my kiddos!  ANDDDD my coworkers!  I miss them sooo much!  


5) Last, but OF COURSE not least, today is EASTER!  God has given me so much in my life, and today is an EXTRA special day that I get to celebrate Him and all He has done for us!  Thank you, God, for everything you have given me and allowed me to accomplish so far in my lifetime! 


6) OK, so 5 reminded me of something else...it's Link's honorary birthday!  


So have a wonderful, beautiful Easter Sunday.  For those of you who get to see family, don't take it for granted...I'm missing mine today!  Until next time...


Much Love!

4 comments:

  1. Katie, you are such an inspiration to me! I admire you for everything you've been through and keep going through. In spite of it all, you keep going, a true demonstration of strength and dedication. You're truly an amazing woman with an amazing story. Keep your head up, you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much for this comment! I appreciate any support at all! And you are right...I WILL get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tattoo! I am glad you finally went through with it. I have had struggles in my life alot with not doing things because I wouldn't get approval, but I am proud you went through with it! Also, I know you didn't lose weight, but sometimes things happen with exercise and the foods. Just think, you may have gained 1 pound, but you have already lost 22! And not only that, you have gotten back into exercising which is huge! You will see results soon once you build up your workouts. You have already made so much progress and I know you will reach your goal. This is just one more boost for working harder this week. (sorry if this sounds bad, I am not goo with wording...) But you are Beautiful! and I am proud of all the progress you have made so far, and the dedication you have to continue! Keep your chin up and just think about the long term changes that will occur! <3 love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! My foot is a little sore today just because my jeans and sock were rubbing on it a bit at school, but it's still beautiful! :) Thanks for all of the positive weight loss thoughts! Even though it's not even 1 full pound and it's been over a 2 week period, everyone at school was asking if I'd lost more weight, so that made me feel really good. :) Thanks for believing in me and supporting my dedication. If I didn't have dedicated friends, I don't think I'd be the person I am and able to work as hard. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete