Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Number & The New Rule

I lost 5.4 pounds this week.  Oh.My.Gosh.  I did not expect this at all!  I am on such a high right now!  I had to wake up Bob and share the news because...THIS IS HUGE!  I'm so incredibly proud of myself and the choices I made!  This is how the rest of my life is going to be!  Highlights of the week:
Saturday - did my first Slim in 6 and drank  my first Shakeology, because I was just too excited to try them.
Sunday - excitedly woke up to do Slim in 6 and drink Shakeology again
Monday - Had my first experience in FOREVER of waking up before work to work out.  Made the rest of my day go great. ALSO become full with the help of Shakeology...(Thank you for getting me through the day!)  Went out to dinner with Bob at an Italian restaurant...ordered fish and had some wine
Thursday - Long day at school because of volleyball practice afterward.  Still thankful for Shakeology
Friday - Went out to eat with Bob at Cheesecake Factory and implemented my no bread/no dessert rule for the first time
Saturday - Had one of the best times I've had all year with Jami, Jenn, Bob and a little bit of alcohol...I was worried this was going to push me over the edge with points, but I did pretty well.
Sunday - Weighed in at...
239.7 
Honestly, I thought I was easing myself into this!  I went out to eat twice (not including the 2 Subway visits), but I made smart choices, drank my Shakeology, and did my workouts!  Wow!  Amazing!

On another note - my no bread/no dessert rule.  As you know, I've cut pop and coffee out of my diet.  Occasionally I have pop when it's mixed with a drink at a restaurant, but generally I don't.  I want to keep pushing myself with new rules like this, but I can't stand having them too broad, like "no sweets".  Maybe that will happen someday, but that can include so many things that it's not clear enough for me.  
So, I decided that I won't eat the bread served before a meal OR any dessert when I go out to eat at a restaurant.  First trial - Cheesecake Factory.  I did so well with this rule!  The bread smelled divine, but Bob and I did a good job about talking about other things.  We had the waiter take the menus away and told him right away that we weren't going to be ordering dessert.  

I think it helped that I didn't question it.  I just knew going in that I wouldn't be eating bread or dessert.  Woot woot! 

Well I have to get going on my Sunday chores - cleaning up the apartment, laundry, etc. and enjoying my Slim in 6 and Shakeology!  

Thanks so much to all of you who read this, let me know you read it, comment, encourage me, etc.  It truly helps me each and every day! 

Much Love!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a fantastic way to start a program off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - this is wonderful! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete