Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6 Bottles and Missing my friends

Part 1 - 6 Bottles.  I currently have 6 bottles of medication.  I guess you wouldn't necessarily call them bottles, but you get the point.  I've been extremely tired lately, and Bob says (he's probably right) that it's because I keep forgetting doses.  Sad days.  :(  Just so many meds so many times!  On the bright side, none of them clash with each other, so I should be happy...and I can still take over the counter meds for things such as this killer migraine I've been having.

Part 2 - Missing my friends.  Obvious.  Janet just moved to Virginia making her even further away.  I guess far away and further away aren't that bad, though.  I hope I can visit her soon!  I'm super excited for this journey in her life, and I know she'll be amazing with all of these challenges.  Jami is back in BG, and so is Jenn and all of our other friends.  I wish I could have just one more night with all of my friends together just hanging out and relaxing.  It shall come soon enough!

Dinner - So Bob and I have been making a menu calendar for each month so that we always know what's coming up for dinner.  The goal is to eventually not repeat a meal in a month.  Tonight I made lasagna - first time ever, all on my own, no recipe (yikes!).  Good news - it was amazing!  I didn't even use any ricotta cheese, though, so that will get thrown in next time.  If anyone reads this and has easy and different (and preferably cheap!) meal ideas, let me know!

So after this week, I will officially be down to the homestretch of getting everything paid off that have come up  in the last couple of months.  This includes some flights, hotel, rental car, a few dresses, etc.  It feels great to know that I'm so close!  I actually really love this budgeting stuff, as long as no huge surprises come my way!  I'm much better at saving money and not blowing it on stupid items when I have a goal in mind.  Saving for my next trip to Ohio has been really easy since I know exactly what I need.  Therefore, I've been thinking of some other things to save for.

One idea was a new laptop.  Mine works OK...definitely not dying, but definitely not the greatest.  This would be the biggest splurge.  Another idea is to save a couple of hundred to help with moving costs in May.  Whether we move back across the country or just across town, we're going to have to rent/hire someone or something since we have so much furniture now.  That will probably be one of the first things I save for.  Also, in hopes of someday getting a teaching job ;)  I've been thinking of setting aside money for a shopping trip, saving up coupons, and hitting a big sale so I can get the most of my money.  I think I'll aim for all of these, saving the computer for last.  I'm sure it would help to set up a savings account, as well.  Any financial thoughts from anyone?

I've also been in the mood lately to write letters to my friends.  I miss them, and I'd love to sit down and write one a day.  It might be typed as opposed to actually written, but I wonder if anyone would actually appreciate these.  I love getting letters!  I suppose others might, as well, so I might go ahead and give it a shot.

Well I suppose it's time to take care of some actual business!  Please comment or follow the blog!  Maybe this'll be a really good resource for me!  Thanks, friends!

<3

2 comments:

  1. I'm just commenting super quick to tell you HI and I MISS YOU and I think that this blog is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love! You were an inspiration for it from when you quit Facebook this past year. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete