Friday, August 26, 2011

Home?

Today was an OK day.  Tonight was a wonderful night.

I spent today like I spend a lot of my days off.  It's a mixture of confusion, decision, boredom, entertainment, and frustration.  I enjoy having days off, but I feel like I'm being unproductive.  This can lead to me being tired and laying in bed for awhile.  Or I can see if Bob wants to go somewhere only to decide that I don't actually want to go there about 5 minutes later.  Then I'll try to find something to watch on Netflix only to realize I've watched most of those things.  Then I'll be depressed about my job situation for awhile.  Then this process starts all over again.  Yep...this is how my mind typically works on my days off.  I'll be honest - it could be better, but it could also be a lot worse.

So Bob and I have been in touch with some people in the APhiO chapter here at UW.  Unfortunately, there aren't any close active AOII chapters to work with.  :(  On the bright side, after contacting the APhiO people just a few days ago, we were able to set up a meeting for tonight!  So Bob and I spent a good 3 hours talking to the advisor and previous president about the state of the chapter, how we could get involved, and life in general.  It was great to meet some people and immediately feel that connection that you know you have with a brother or sister.  On the way home, still in an emotional high, Bob and I ran into Phil (one of my coworkers) and his wife on the bus home.  It was great to finally meet his wife and share laughs to make the not so long ride go even faster.

So this leads me to stay in an emotional high as I type this entry.  Will I perhaps even fall asleep well tonight and sleep until morning?  I'm drinking my "nighttime tea" as we speak just in case, but I hope it's not too good to be true.  Could Seattle start to be feeling like home?  I hope so.  :)

Also - a side note - I had a phone interview on Wednesday, and I have an in person interview with a daycare on Monday morning.  I could potentially be working with kids again!  I would still be at the bakery 1 or 2 days a week, though.  I don't want to get my hopes up, though.  At any rate, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

-Katie

1 comment:

  1. I sent Jazzy a message about the APhiO stuff, and here is what she said:

    "Oh, Bob! That is TOUGH! Ya, I've always heard that out west everything is more spread ouuuuut, which definitely makes inter-chapter relations a lot more difficult. BUT doesn't it just make sense that you & Katie moved out to a city where there's not 1, but 2 Chapters who need your help?!!!!! :D Who better to help spread the spark than you two?!!?! Really! You've got such a great opportunity here! And I know you both can do it!!! I'd even ask Matt Bailey or Brian Martin for the slides/run down of their Spark presentation & I KNOW they'd let you present it. I know it. Maybe the Chapters out there aren't ready for it yet, but it can be something you've got in your pocket for when they are.

    I love you! I'm so proud of you! (Feel free to share this message with Katie as well) :) ♥ You're both amazing Brothers, Bob & I think this is how you can continue to give back to our Fraternity. :) Keep me updated & if you'd like to bounce ideas around, I'd love to set up a phone/video chat conversation! :D"

    ReplyDelete