Sunday, August 21, 2011

And So I Begin

The last few months have been quite interesting.  With all of my thoughts and emotions all over the place, I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to start blogging.  Don't get too excited if you are reading this - I'm not much of a writer.  Moving across the country, away from pretty much everyone you know, sure can be an emotional rollercoaster.  I'm just going to keep it simple and sweet today by listing a few things that have been stressing me and a few (hopefully a ton!) of things that I'm thankful for.

Let's get the bad out of the way - 
-No teaching job.  Obviously one of the biggest stresses in my life currently.
-Money.  
-Boredom.  
-My looks.
-Myasthenia gravis
-No furry little creatures (live ones, at least) to keep me company.
-Living forever away from so many of my lifelines

Blessings
-Shelter
-Good enough health.
-Enough money to survive
-Bob, my parents, my friends.
-Harvard and my other animals...I mean, c'mon...that's obvious. ;)
-A WONDERFUL part time job.
-Great co-workers
-Grocery shopping with Bob
-Living in Seattle
-Farmer's markets
-Being certified to teach in Washington
-Ingrid Michaelson
-Unlimited texts and phone calls to my loved ones

Well, my mission was to have more pros than cons, and I have succeeded.  I've also succeeded in taking up a little more of my free time tonight, so I would say I've at least been successful.  Win for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment