Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspiration at Work

One of the amazing things about working at the Bakery is getting to know a lot of the customers who become regulars.  I also love just meeting random people who may only stop by once.  Here are a few things I love that have happened either today or recently:

Today - A woman was having some trouble paying (physically), and commented that she was frustrated from having a stroke a couple of months ago.  We chatted for a couple of minutes about how frustrating it can be to tell your body to do one thing and have it do the opposite - or nothing at all, the negatives and positives of medication, and a little more.  We then exchanged good luck wishes for each other.  While I realize a stroke is completely different than my MG, it's nice to chat with someone about similar frustrations.

There's a little girl who comes in about once a week to buy a baguette.  She's sooo adorable.  A few weeks ago I was outside eating lunch when she stopped by.  Without even saying hi, she approached me and told me that she had a loose tooth and wiggled it for me.  She told me she'd lost other teeth before, though.  I told her I liked her dress, and she told me, "Miss Sara got it for me."  I love how she assumes I know Miss Sara.  I love little kids...and seeing them every day.  :)

One man and his friend come in quite a few times a week.  They have 5 tiny dogs that accompany them most of the time.  I love taking their familiar orders and happily getting them their favorite desserts when available.  :)

My coworkers are amazing.


It rained today.  It rained a lot more tonight, too.  It hasn't rained that much since we moved here, so I was in heaven.  :)  Thank God...literally.

It's obvious that I'm in a lot better mood today, and I'm trying not to take it for granted.  So I suppose I will go spend time with my wonderful husband.  :)

P.S.  I have a kind of big day tomorrow and Wednesday.  If you are reading this, please say a prayer for me and/or keep me in your thoughts.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment