Sunday, March 18, 2012

...But Encourage Me To Be Better

The title of my Blog, "Take Me The Way I Am" is not only one of my favorite song titles, but also a very true statement of my life.  I long for people to take me the way I am.  However, there is one key component that I'm realizing more and more...I do not find that sense of pride within myself.  Through Bob, my mom, coworkers, friends, acquaintances, and yes, stuffed animals, I try to find those who are proud of all and any accomplishments.  This leads me to a previous topic: goals.  I think I need to set some type of goal about being proud of me and my own accomplishments.  So, let's look at some of those goals...




  • Diet - I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I've started a Biggest Loser program at school. (Big thanks to Greg for helping me with my spreadsheet!!!).  According to the last week at school weigh-ins, I've lost more weight. I use my Sunday morning WW weigh-ins more seriously, though.  According to that, I have lost 19 lbs.!  (See gadget to right).  Yes, a lot to go, but just think if I wouldn't have started this journey 9/10 weeks ago...I'd still be 19 lbs. heavier.  I LOVE this!
Adding more every week!

  • Exercise - Although I still can't exercise until after the surgery, I might look into a gym...we'll see..anybody have opinions?  I really miss swimming, and I'll need to work weights back in at some point.  Looking at quite a few in Seattle including Gold's Gym, 24/7 Fitness, Rain Fitness, and LA Fitness
  • Finances - Pay mom & dad back for a few things (ok, a lot of things) they helped me purchase (such wonderful parents!) back before I had my teaching job.  Please don't judge me.  lol...I know I'm spoiled, but at least I'm paying them back for it all! :) - STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. :)  haven't gotten paid since the last post.
  • Old Friendships  - Continue to make daily if not weekly connections with all of my favorites.  Also write snail mail or something similar to those I haven't spoken to as much.I hope to write  lots of snail mail in the upcoming weeks. :)
  • New Friendships - Amazing news!  I'm hanging out with Emma Friday night..can't wait!  We worked at the bakery this summer together, but now I can get a full update on how her first year of college is going!! :)  And...there is another new teacher that works in my district, is taking a class with me, and lives in Seattle.  We'll be making plans to hang out sometime, soon.  :)
  • Career - Continue to take advantage of the classes offered through our District....definitely doing this.  :)
I am routinely watching this video over and over.  It's a great one, and I hope you enjoy it whether or not you're in the education business:

  • Adventure - I will be getting my tattoo as soon as I have the money and am cleared after the surgery!  Woohoo!!




On the topic of a few of these...diet AND exercise, I took a free health quiz thing through my insurance, and I now get monthly phone calls from her (her name is Alissa) to keep me on track with goals we create together.  So grateful for free things like this!





Now, on a totally unrelated note, I've been meaning to put up some pictures of our wonderful bunny, Link!  :)  He is a star! :)  We love him so much!  But, as you'll notice, he doesn't exactly like posing for the camera.








My fingers are starting to slowly leave me, so I should wrap this up.  Thank you to those of you who encourage me on a steady basis.  I don't know what I'd do without you!


Much Love!

1 comment:

  1. Katie! You are awesome!!! 19lbs is an AMAZING accomplishment! I know you can get to where you want to be. If you are looking for something to be proud of yourself for, that is a HUGE one. I wish you the best in achieving all of your goals, but I have no doubt you will achieve them :)

    You inspire me to take a look a my life and see ways I can improve myself and attitude. Thanks for that!

    Also, you have a super cute bunny :)

    ReplyDelete