Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Improvements

So, where to start....


Today has been a rough MG day.  I'm so grateful for being able to blog about this, because I know the people I talk to about the MG are probably getting so extremely sick of me talking about it.  I finally got in touch with my neurologist's nurse today and let her know my symptoms.  She asked if I was stressed at all, and I wanted to break down and cry and tell her how stressed I was.  I simply answered yes...tons. lol  She called back later, and we upped the steroid dose.  I've now had 70 mg. of steroids today, and I'll probably continue on at least a dose of 60 mg./day until the surgery.  It sucks, and I try to ignore how much it might be having an effect on weight loss, but oh well.  Walking to the car was so scary today.  I saw the curb and was so scared to step down...thinking I was going to fall.  It's amazing how a simple curb of a few inches can be so intimidating.  I'm hoping that I can get through the week without taking a sick day...well, I guess I'm hoping I can get to the surgery without a sick day overall!  Please pray for that!  :)  


We're starting a Biggest Loser challenge at work this week.  I'm heading it up and we have 12 people so far.  Our first weigh in is this Friday.  Cash money prizes at the end!  I'm hoping I get at least one of the weekly prizes if not one of the top 3 at the end.  We're going all the way to mid June!  Legit!  :)  I'm seriously so in love with Weight watchers, and so grateful that it is coming so easily for me.


So, onto a few things from this morning that I mentioned.  Ever since the infamous Jeff Strata changed my life through his amazing role of my swimming coach in high school, I have wanted to be a coach.  This morning, I contacted our local high school to see if they would have any use for a volunteer softball coach. Yes, the season has started, I don't know the girls, my muscles might get in the way, and the schedule is different, but i'm hoping something will happen anyway.  :)  On the other hand, I asked our choir/music teacher if she wanted help, and I'm starting that tomorrow morning!  :)  woohoo!  And, thanks to MRS. Strata for that one! :)  I hope someday I'll fulfill my goal of coaching swimming!!


A dear friend and Fraternity brother, Kelly Cifranic, has a blog that I've recently started following: http://beagleandbear.blogspot.com/  You should check it out.  She's pretty cool. :)  Anyway, she has not only been a swimming coach, but has also inspired me to set some new goals for my life!  This year, she has set different goals in different categories with subgoals for each month:



My 2012 endpoint goals are:
  • Health: live an overall healthier lifestyle
  • Finances: be more organized, balanced, and responsible
  • Relationships: maintain mutually supportive relationships that are in balance with one another
  • Wedding: have location and date set and all major vendors booked
  • Career: aggressively pursue full-time teaching position; develop my coaching skills and knowledge while also developing the school's swimming program further
  • Self-enrichment: allow "me" time without overindulging; actively participate in passions, hobbies, interests, etc. further
My January goals are:
  • Health: track food daily; workout three times a week
  • Finances: save specific percentage of all paychecks
  • Relationships: e-mail out-of-town friends; prepare for Dan and I's three year anniversary
  • Wedding: research vendors in the two locations where Dan and I are interested in holding our wedding
  • Career: prepare for the end of swim season and substitute frequently
  • Self-enrichment: blog much more often


So, I'm thinking and hoping that I can do something similar.  However, I realize this won't be an overnight decision.  I love the health goal, and if you know anything about me, you know that I've been working like crazy on my health.  I think I'm going to split that into two goals, though - 1) Diet and 2) Exercise.  Finances.  OMG...not trying to straight up copy Kelly, but we all know I could work more on my finances.  So, 3) Finances.  I love the relationship goal, and I'd love to split it into working on 4) old friendships and 5) new friendships.  Gosh, Kelly, you're so good at these!  6)  Career...for sure.  Any thoughts/comments on any other good ones? I'd love the input!  

So, the final ones (at least for now) are:
Diet
Exercise
Finances
Old Friendships
New Friendships

I feel like I'm missing some vital points here...

Anyway, leave your thoughts!

Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment