Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankfulness

Well, I'm definitely finding a lot to be thankful for these days.  I'm so glad that my mom is out here and able to visit.  I'm happy that we got a few good days in before surgery.  She got to see the Space Needle and actually go up to eat in it this time.  We went down to Alki for some fun and did a few other things.






Monday night turned from wonderful to scared for my life (literally) in just a matter of minutes as the realization of surgery sunk in.  I did very well throughout, though, and I am now back home.  Because of the risk of Myasthenia Gravis (MG) patients to stop breathing, I was put in the ICU overnight my first night. I had some AMAZING nurses of whom I can't say enough about.  I also didn't sleep very well, but they chatted with me when checking on me, and I read a good teaching book.  I was transferred to a regular room on day 2 and did pretty well, but not released to go home.  There was still a tube in me from surgery, and they wanted to be extra sure it was ready to come out.  Well, the tube ended up being a huge pain in my ribs today, and I had no clue why.  Turns out this tube that I thought was about 2 inches long was actually a good 1 1/2 feet coiled in my body.  I'm SO thankful that it just felt "weird" coming out...the only pain was from tightening the stitch.

I have quite a few bruises on my belly from some shots they gave me 2 times a day to prevent blood clotting.  They always warned me with a sorry look about the "painful" shots, but I didn't feel pain once, so I think God was definitely looking after me over this surgery.

Well, still recovering, so can't do too much typing.  Please pray/keep good thoughts for easier breathing as I'm pretty clogged up and it's hard to sleep.

Much love!

3 comments:

  1. Katie! You are such a strong woman! I am praying for your very fast and effective and safe recovery. (ooopppss I used too many 'ands')I love you and I'm here for you if you need anything at all. I know I'm super far away but you can call, text, email, message me for whatever. :-D Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to see your better now sis inlaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alex! :) I know how to get ahold of ya. ;)

    Nick - feeling better each day! Great to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete