Friday, March 16, 2012

Pushing Through

Wow, has this been one tough week or what?!  Shortly after Bob left for his week long NC trip, I fell outside of our apartment complex and hit my head on the cement.  Talk about scary!  It honestly didn't hurt that much, but I must watch too many movies.  I just pictured standing up and thinking I was fine when I actually had blood pouring out of my ears or out of a gash in my head or something.  Good news - no blood!  It was definitely a wake-up call to how much Bob is here to help me out and how grateful I should be.  I've realized that more and more each day this week.   Things that have occurred multiple times this week:

  • falling (onto the bed) while getting dressed...resulting in the ability, with difficulty, to get back up easier than falling to the ground
  • multiple bra problems...4 hooks?  you guys are killing me!

  • not as much time to play with link
  • not being able to make dinner
  • taking 4 attempts to paint my nails and still have problems
  • calling my kids to come down to class instead of me going to get them
  • trying to explain to K & 1st graders why you have to walk so slow when walking with Mrs. Gilreath


So...things could have been a lot worse, but i'm ready for my hubby to be home...or someone to help me get dressed! :)


My mom comes in exactly 1 week from tomorrow night. :) I'm so pumped...some things we are doing while she is here (including pre and post surgery) are: seeing The Hunger Games,
a meal at the Space Needle,
a meal at The Melting Pot, mom possibly visiting my school for 1/2 a day, making a homemade address book, making a recipe book, doing a bunch of puzzles including a 1000 one of starry night,
eating lots of pudding (YUMMM)
, tons of Netflix, and a ton of other things.  I'm so excited to see her!

As for the surgery, I'm basically trying not to think too much about the details.  I don't know where the incisions will be, though, and that I DO want to find out.  i don't know if it will be my sides or armpits.



Anyway, off to school...no kids today...lots of things to prepare for next year.  Wish me luck for the day and my strength, please!

Also, today is the second day of our weigh-in for Biggest Loser at school...I take my Sunday weigh-ins at home more seriously, but I'm still hoping today goes well!!! :)  Woohoo weight loss!!!

<3

Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment